Dellicker Releases “Safe Communities” Agenda
NORTHAMPTON, PA – Kevin Dellicker, Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in PA’s 7th Congressional District, released his agenda for creating “Safe Communities” at a press conference Wednesday in Wayne Grube Park. With children playing in the background, Dellicker emphasized the importance of protecting law and order in a civil society.
“The first responsibility of our federal government is to ensure the safety and security of its citizens,” Dellicker said. “That starts with a strong national defense and continues with controlling our borders and supporting our police.”
Dellicker’s “Safe Communities” agenda focuses on three priorities related to safety and security:
Defending our Country
• Modernize our military to counter threats from Russia and China.
• Invest in non-military means of American power, like information operations and intelligence.
• Improve our national cybersecurity capabilities to protect critical infrastructure.
• Recharge our national space program with manned spaceflight and exploration.
• Implement my 38-point plan to counter the threat from the Chinese Communist Party (here).
• Hold military brass and civilian leaders accountable for failed military endeavors.
• Never put American troops in harm’s way without a clear and achievable mission.
Controlling our Borders
• Secure all entry points to our nation’s border. Period.
• Enforce existing immigration laws.
• End sanctuary cities.
• Stop coddling businesses, universities, and non-profits that exploit illegal workers.
• Regain control over the asylum-seeking process.
Supporting our Police
• Support adequate funding so police can do their jobs.
• Train first responders to recognize and respond to mental health and substance abuse emergencies.
• Reform the mental health system to keep vulnerable citizens off the streets.
• Provide adequate psychological support services to first responders and their families.
• Support volunteer fire companies and volunteer emergency medical services.
Dellicker pointed out that among his political opponents, only he has relevant experience in defending his country and keeping communities safe.
“Susan Wild sits on the Foreign Affairs Committee, but she does nothing to hold the Biden Administration accountable for his foreign policy missteps,” said Dellicker. “I’d like to take her spot on that committee.”
“Lisa Scheller wants to cast votes in Washington while her company cuts ribbons in China,” said Dellicker, referring to reports that Lisa Scheller’s company is opening another factory in China. “That’s a blatant conflict of interest.”
Dellicker received the endorsement from the Fraternal Order of Police Pennsylvania Lodge 40 John J. Haggerty Memorial Lodge in Bethlehem. In their endorsement, they stated, “We are confident that Kevin Dellicker will continue to work to ensure the safety and justice of those who live and work in Lehigh County and beyond.
He is also a “recommended” candidate from Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC), a leading pro-Second Amendment group in Pennsylvania, and received the endorsement of SEAL PAC, a veteran-led organization seeking to place qualified veterans in Congress.
“I know what it means to serve my country and I know what it takes to Keep America Free,” Dellicker said.
For additional information on each of these focal points or on Dellicker’s broader “Safe Communities” platform, visit www.DellickerForCongress.com/Issues/
This marked the third in a series of three press conferences from Kevin Dellicker to lay out his policy agenda in Congress. The first was on his Strong Families Platform and the second was on Good Jobs.
Kevin Dellicker, from Heidelberg Township, Lehigh County, is a Republican running for United States House of Representatives in Pennsylvania’s 7th District. He owns a technology company and is a 26-year veteran of the United States Armed Forces. To learn more about his campaign visit www.dellickerforcongress.com.
Military information and photos of Kevin in uniform do not imply endorsement by the Department of Defense, Air Force, Army, or National Guard.
Paid for by Kevin Dellicker for Congress